Chicken Haleem :
This is very traditional dish and people love this food. The spices and the ingredients that we use in Haleem, when all mixed together they create a great fragrance and delicious taste. This meal is not difficult to cook. You can easily make it at home with the help of my recipe. I made very easy recipe for you people. I hope you all enjoy this.
- Chicken: 1/2 kg
- lentil: 250 gm
- Rice: 50 gm
- wheat: 350 gm
- white lentil: 50 gm
- ginger: 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic: 1/2 teaspoon
- yogurt: 1/2 cup
- onions: 2(chopped)
- Tomatoes: 2
- green chilies: 3 (chopped)
- oil: 4 tbsp
- coriander: few leaves
- Red chilies: 1 tsp
- turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Coriander: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- All spice powder: 1/4 tsp
- ginger: 1 piece of ginger
- onions: 2 medium sized
- lemons: 1-2
- 1 piece of ginger cut into julienne brown onion (cut the 2 medium sized onions in julienne and deep fry) as required.
- Add 2 lemons, or as you want
How to prepare chicken Haleem:
- Soak the whole wheat, gram lentil, white lentils, rice in water.
- leave it fro 3 to 4 hours.
- boil the soaked above mixture in low heat till everything is mixed and mashed up.
- In a deep pan, fry the onions in oil.
- Wait till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add ginger, garlic.
- Add tomatoes, spices and the seasonings.
- After that add the chicken pieces.
- pour water.
- cover the lid and let it cook on low heat.
- Cook, till chicken pieces are tender.
- Now blend the whole wheat mixture.
- To this now add the spicy chicken mixture and blend again.
- Delicious Chicken Haleem is ready now!
How to serve?
- Serve the hot Haleem with naan or rogani naan.
- You can serve it with bread.
- You can also serve this with boiled rice.
- If you add coke and salad then it tastes better.
- Garnish it with lemons.
- Chilies Coriander and Fried Onions also used as garnishes.
Enjoy this meal with your family. And give your feedback.