How to make Loaded potato Soup?
Make this reviewer favorite the star attraction of your next soup night. Kids of all ages will enjoy topping it with bacon and cheese. Enjoy the delicious potato soup.
Yield: 2-3 servings
cook time: 30 minutes
prep time: 50 minutes
4 (6-ounce) red potatoes
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 1/4 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups 1% low-fat milk, divided
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 bacon slices, halved
1.5 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)
4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onions
- Pierce potatoes with a fork.
- Microwave on HIGH 13 minutes or until tender.
- Cut in half; cool slightly.
- While potatoes cook, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth.
- Combine flour and 1/2 cup milk; add to pan with 1 1/2 cups milk.
- Bring to a boil; stir often.
- Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange bacon on a paper towel on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cover with a paper towel; microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- Crumble bacon.
- Discard potato skins.
- Coarsely mash potatoes into soup.
- Top with cheese, green onions, and bacon.